October 14, 2017

QUESO BLANCO DIP FOR YOUR TAILGATE PARTY


Hey Y'all....
it's football season and sweater weather!
We celebrate on the weekends by proudly waving the
TEXAS A&M flag and serve some delicious football foods!


I recently tried a new Queso recipe which everyone loved...
this came from my Publix cookbook I picked up down in Florida!

QUESO BLANCO DIP
4 ounces of Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
4 ounces of white Velveeta
2 medium tomatoes
2 jalapeno peppers
1/2 yellow medium onion, chopped finely
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
3 T. beer
1/3 cup milk
Tortilla Chips or fresh veggies

Place a slow cooker on LOW.
Chop tomatoes and peppers.
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on Low setting
until cheese has melted and all ingredients have been stirred together.
You may add more milk if you would like a thinner consistency.
Serve hot with chips and veggies!


8 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH- That sounds really, really good. I would just have to leave the cilantro out as it does NOT like me. lol Thanks for the recipe. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Publix! A friend in Florida used to send me the little magazine they do every month and it has great recipes in it. Thanks for sharing this one! I’m heading to the sewing room where my desk is to print it off!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Aggies. My brother's wife makes this dip. Or one like it. Sounds like fun to watch sports with family and eat snacks. I do remember watching football some and baseball a lot with my father. Baseball was our all time favorite sports growing up. Hope you are having a great weekend. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, Betsy -- this looks wonderful!! We're all about the dip around here (and football too). :D I've already pinned this one to my recipe boards. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, I just read this to my hubby the Texas Aggie. He said this is a serving for one with 8 oz. of cheese. He says, "Any Aggie worth his salt would eat all of that in the first quarter!" Obviously we take our queso a little too seriously here. :)

    We will definitely be making this and we might triple it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed this version Stacey..hope y'all do to...GIG EM'!

      Delete
  6. Hi Betsy - Thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummy! I didn't know that Velveeta has a white queso cheese. I love the ATM chip/dip dish! Where did you get it? I would love to get a Texas one for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie..this was a great dip recipe. I bought this dish some time ago during a Parent's weekend at the college on campus bookstore.

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.